Nov 3, 2022
With the year wrapping up soon, now is a wonderful time to
do a year-end review of your money goals and set yourself up for an
incredible year ahead!
Reviewing Your Money Goals for the Year
It’s that time of year again!
Besides our monthly
money reviews, one of the things we do is a deeper
dive year-end review. It’s a way to review the numbers,
celebrate wins, and adjust our system as needed to achieve our
Everyone has their own system, but the bones of the process are
usually the same.
- We start by pulling up the goals we made for the year.
- We review all our accounts – top to bottom – to see where we
- We discuss what worked and what didn’t for us.
- We then take that information and use it to plan out the next
On paper, it’s a fairly straightforward process, but believe it
or not, it can be fun and empowering, which may sound a bit crazy
to you, but I hope to show how you can enjoy it.
In this episode, I want to:
- take you through a high-level view of how it works
- point out ways you can make the review run smoothly so you’re
not scrambling to see all of your accounts
- talk about how you can use your review to set things up for big
wins next year
I hope you enjoy!
Resources to Easily Stay on Top of Your Family’s Finances
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If
you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank
better, come check out Coastal today.
We’ve been Coastal members for a few years have been happy with
Find out more about what Coastal offers here!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed
this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this
episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping
debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and
reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about
the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your
Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to
set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have
worked for other couples on their journey of building
their marriage and wealth together!